Surah Ikhlas الاخلاص , Surah No.(112) Para Number 30, is one third (1/3) of the Holy Qur’an and was revealed in Makkah and it has 4 verses. Reciting (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad), this surah brings a reward equivalent to reciting one-third of the Qur’aan, however it does not take the place of reading one-third of the Qur’aan.
It is narrated that if a person does not recite Surah Ikhlas in any of his five daily prayers, it is as if he has not prayed. In fact, if a person does not recite this Surah in any of his prayers for seven consecutive days, and he dies, it will be as if he died while following the religion of Abu Lahab.
It is detestable (مكروه )/makruh to recite this Surah in one breath. This Surah has various different benefits and is a cure for many sicknesses/ailments. It should be recited when travelling or when facing a tyrant ruler.
Virtues Of Reciting Surah Ikhlas:
- Surah Ikhlas is a means of eradicating poverty. It was narrated in the hadith that the prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “whoever reads surah qul hu-wallaahu ‘ahad when he enters his house, poverty will be eradicated from the family of that household and neighbours.” in another hadith, the prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “whoever forgets to mention the name of allah when he starts his meal, then he should read surah qul hu-wallaahu ‘ahad after he finishes his meal.”
- The person who recites Surah Ikhlas 100 times, all his past sins for the past 25years are forgiven.
- Reciting this surah will give protection against every kind of affliction and calamity.
- The person who recites this Surah 1000 times, will not die unless he sees his place in Jannah.
- Reciting this surah a 100 times before go to sleep, Allah will forgive sins comitted in forty years.
- If this surah is recited over the eyes of a man suffering eye-sore he would be cured.
- Who does not recite this surah in any of the five salats in a day all his five salats would go waste, rendered null and void.
- When the Holy Prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) prayed the funeral salat of Sad bin Maz, seventy thousand angels were praying with him including Jibrail, because Sad used to recite this surah very much, sitting, standing, walking, riding, all the time.
- Who recites this surah 10 times while passing by a graveyard for those believers buried therein, would earn reward equal the number of buried believers.
- When a person goes to see an unjust man-in-authority, he recite this surah 3 times, close the fist and open it when the interview is finished.
- If recited on regular basis it will break magic and It completely destroys witchcraft, psychic attacks and malicious magic spells.
- Whoever recites this Surah before dawn all that frightens him would disappear.
- Who recites Surah Al Fatihah once and this Surah 30 times in each of the first two rakkat of tahajjud, all the sins he might have commited would inshallah be forgiven.
- Recitation of this Surah 10 times at the time of going out of the house, the house remains in the protection of Allah till he comes back.
- Surah al Ikhlas is a means of forgiveness of sins. In a hadith narrated by anas (mabpwh), the prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “whoever reads surat qul hu-wallaahu ‘ahad every day 200 times, Allah will grant him one thousand five hundred rewards and will erase from him the sins of fifty years, unless he has debts.”
1. Make all your Halaal wishes come true
2. Gain respect among people
Anas (razi Allah anhu) said: “When you recite Surah Al-Fatihah and Surah Al-Ikhlas upon lying on your bed, you will be safeguarded and should become fearless of every thing except death.”
[Narrated by Baraa, Tafseer Mazhari 1:31]
The Prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, 6472).
Muslim (811) narrated from Abu’l-Dardaa’ that the Prophet Mohammed (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said: “Is any one of you unable to recite one-third of the Qur’aan in one night?” They said, “How could anyone read one-third of the Qur’aan?” He said, “Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan.”