Story of Humbelseness!
One a hot day, Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam was passing through a desert. He saw an old woman carrying her luggage on her head and walking alone. Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu ‘Alayhi Wasallam helped her and took the luggage from the woman and carried it for her.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ asked the woman about where she was going and why? She said that I am leaving this town as I have heard that a magician named Muhammad is in town. As Holy Prophet ﷺ was very patient and kind, He ﷺ didn’t say a word and kept listening. The old lady kept complaining that He is the only reason that she has to leave the town at this age although she didn’t feel comfortable in leaving the town.
While walking with the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, that old woman noticed that this young man had a cheerfulness on his smiling and humble face. She also noticed that His ﷺ sweat is perfumed. She was very impressed.
When they reached the desired destination, Prophet Muhammad ﷺ put down the luggage and was about to leave without saying a word, when the old woman said, “O, kind person! At least tell me your name!” Prophet Muhammad ﷺ replied, “I am the person because of whom you left the town”. The old lady was surprised to listen that and said that such a kind, helping and true person can never be wrong and therefore she accepted Islam.
- Do not belittle any good deed, even meeting your brother with a cheerful face.
- There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for heart is the remembrance of Allah.
- Modesty is a branch of faith.
- Modesty brings nothing except good.
- Be kind, for when kindness becomes a part of something, it beautifies it.
- It is also charity to utter a good word.
- Anyone who trains himself to be patient, Allah will give him the strength to be patient.
- Giving alms can erase sins just like water ceases fire.
- There is no beauty better than intellect.
- Kindness is a mark of faith.