SURAH AL-KAFIRUN (109), Para Number 30 is ‘makki’ surah and it has six verses. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said that reciting this Surah carries the reward of reciting a quarter of the Holy Quran.
The reward for reciting this Surah Al Kafiroon الکافرون is enormous. The recitation of this Surah drives away evil and keeps one safe from Shirk. It is also among the five Surahs that have been recommended to be recited during a journey, the others being Surah Al-Fatihah, An-Nasr, Al-Falaq and An-Naas. Reciting Surah Al-Kafirun and at-Tawhid in compulsory prayers is a means for forgiveness of sins for the reciter, his parents and his children. If a person dies after reciting this Surah, it is as if he has died a martyr. Recitation of this Surah before sleeping keeps one safe the whole night.
Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas and Anas Ibn Malik (radiAllahu anhum) reported that the messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said ‘It is equivalent to a quarter of the Qur’an’ [at-Tirmidhi, 2818/A].
Abdullah ibn Umar Al-Khattab (radiAllahu anhu) reported that Allah’s messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, “Qul Huw Allahu Ahad” is equal to a third of the Qur’an and “Qul ya ayyuhal Kafirun” is equal to a fourth of the Qur’an.” [at-Tabarani, classed as Sahih]
The Holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said, ‘Recite surah al Kafirun and then go to sleep after coming to its end, for it is a clearance from shirk’ [Abu Dawud 4396 & Hakim 1/565]
If recited on a treasure, it remains safe. If a person has many creditors, recitation of this Surah will help clear his debts. If recited by a person in fear, this Surah brings him to safety; if recited by a hungry person, it helps in his finding sustenance; if recited by a thirsty person, his thirst will be quenched.
Negative suggestions (Waswas) and the trap of Shaitan is very dangerous to the faith of any Muslim and we all should guard against this menace. Surah Al (Kafirun) is the best weapons for this problem. The Surah is can also be recited for averting black magic (if you suspect you are under a spell).
بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ
1. قُلْ يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْكَٰفِرُونَ
2. لَآ أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
3. وَلَآ أَنتُمْ عَٰبِدُونَ مَآ أَعْبُدُ
4. وَلَآ أَنَا۠ عَابِدٌ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ
5. وَلَآ أَنتُمْ عَٰبِدُونَ مَآ أَعْبُدُ
6. لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِىَ دِينِ
Benefits of Surah Kafiroon: (الکافرون )
- End jealousy from your heart and increase love for others. Recite eleven times after Fajr or Isha prayers.
- If lying is a problem that you are worried about and can’t seem to end it, recite Surah Kafiroon (Kafirun) eleven times after Fajr and Isha Salah.Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Qul yaa-ai yuhal kaafiroon
- Laa a’budu ma t’abudoon
- Wa laa antum ‘aabidoona maa a’bud
- Wa laa ana ‘abidum maa ‘abattum
- Wa laa antum ‘aabidoona ma a’bud
- Lakum deenukum wa liya deen. Al-Kafirun