The month of zul-q’adah is coming to an end. The next lunar month of zul-hujjah is one of d sacred months in Islam. The first 2-weeks thereof is a season of Ibadah.
Rosulullah SAW enjoined us to increase acts of worship therein to maximize the opportunity of earning multiple rewards.
Ibn ‘Abbaas (RTA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to
Allaah than these ten days.” The people asked, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah?” He said, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and
came back with nothing.” (Reported by
The recommended acts of Ibadah are;
1. Not cutting hair or nail within the first ten days in obedience to Rosulullah. This is emphasised though for d person that intend to slaughter 4 d eid celebration. Since slaughtering is itself an act of Ibadah, I think it is good for all all Muslims to have d slaughtering intention even if he couldn’t eventually. By extrapolation, I think it is better for all Muslims to practice dis sunnah (wallahu a’lam)
Prophet (SAW) said: “When you see the
new moon of Dhu’l-Hijjah, if any one of you wants to offer a sacrifice, then he should stop cutting his hair and nails until hebhas offered his sacrifice.” (reported
by Muslim with four isnaads, 13/146)
2. Fasting in the first 9-days of Zul-hijjah is a practice of Rosulullah.
It was narrated from Hunaydah ibn Khaalid from his wife, that one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah. (al-Nasaa’i,)
He enjoined us to fast on d day of Arafah, d 9th day of Zul-hijjah as it may expiate our 2-years sins. (Muslim)
3. Chanting Remembrance of Allah (Azkar):
‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar (RTA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: “There are no days greater in the sight of Allaah and in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Him than these ten days, so during this time recite a great deal of Tahleel (” La ilaaha ill-Allaah “), Takbeer and Tahmeed .” (Reported by Ahmad, 7/224;
4. Pilgrimage; this period is specified for observance of Hajj & Ummah rite. The reward of a righteous hajj is Aljanah
5. Observance of Solar eid(Salatul Eid)
6. Slaughtering of a quadruped like camel, cattle, ram or goat on d day of eid (10th day of zul-hijjah ) is a meritorious deed. Allah gives a reward for every hairstrand of the slaughtered animal. The animal is to be eaten by household & d remaining given out as charity & gift.
7. Charity: Distribution of some parts of d meat of d slaughtered animal to loved ones and d needy.
8. Azkars of eid days (10th -13th day of zul-hijjah). Allahuvakbar, Allahu Akbar, Laailaha ila Allah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar eslikkahil hand.
This is to be recited after every obligatory solat from subhi of eid day till asr of 4th. day of eid.
9. Moderation in Celebration . It is also recommended for Muslims to avert all evils. During d eid celebration. The act of serving alcohol to visitors with d meat of d slaughtered animal is a grave sin.